Friday, June 7, 2013

Redhead With a Riding Crop

thefaultinourchickennuggets: eatingnulooo: authoritydangerheart...



thefaultinourchickennuggets:

eatingnulooo:

authoritydangerheartkilljoy:

nobodoysaiditwaseasy:

Pug's are legends

Why can't I go any stairs that flawlessly and fabulously?

Genuinely hurts. 

Step 1 in being a flawless bitch

RH Reality Check: I debated whether or not to share this story.

RH Reality Check: I debated whether or not to share this story.:

unwinona:

And then I debated whether or not to put it on Tumblr…but I decided it was important. Because in my own way, I can (unfortunately) point out exactly what is wrong with men when they don't realize how hard it is to be a woman. How we do not have equal opportunities and freedoms in…

compassthatdoesntpointnorth: theskypilot: jayskalo: loose-skin...



compassthatdoesntpointnorth:

theskypilot:

jayskalo:

loose-skinnyjeans:

strawberriesandabs:

jumpingjacktrash:

thischick25:

This is the main reason for my general annoyance with lack of size regulation in the fashion industry…

men's pants are labeled by waist and inseam measurement. women's pants are labeled by voodoo. even though i do not buy women's pants, i can recognize this as objectively dumb.

THE NOTES ON THIS

image

because i can't stress this enough. this is why i don't let the numbers get to me. as jumpingjacktrash so eloquently said "women's pants are labeled by voodoo." 

BUT THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

so when boys make fun of girls taking forever to shop and trying everything on

WE FUCKING HAVE TO OR NOTHING WILL FIT

…"Women's pants are labeled by voodoo"

thefrogman: Photograph by Jamie Baldanza [instagram |...



thefrogman:

Photograph by Jamie Baldanza [instagram | tumblr]

Look, look, they're smiling! 

tiger-in-the-flightdeck: My baby brother's first girlfriend recently confessed to thinking they...

tiger-in-the-flightdeck:

My baby brother's first girlfriend recently confessed to thinking they were actually a boy. I asked my brother if this bothered him. His response was:

"Well, yeah. If I had have known they were a boy when we were going out, I would have said I had a boyfriend, not a girlfriend."

He was ten.

thefullestrebellion: lokiroido: 'My sun and stars… ' OH MY...







thefullestrebellion:

lokiroido:

'My sun and stars… '

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Oooohh, gimme!

bonersaurus-sex: ^me when I have obscene conversations in...









bonersaurus-sex:

^me when I have obscene conversations in public (i.e. always)

precious-her: So Pup told a colleague that I gush when he tells...



precious-her:

So Pup told a colleague that I gush when he tells me technical stuff about his work. 

Yeah it's a bit true actually.

summermon: something I whipped up as I waited for my plane in...













summermon:

something I whipped up as I waited for my plane in florida. 

I didn't cover everything, but I think I got the point across. 

Remember, if it's not your body, it's none of your business! 

thesixofhearts: unicornamber: elenaflutterby: Tangled...















thesixofhearts:

unicornamber:

elenaflutterby:

Tangled comparisons - concept art to the final film. 

why the fuck is the concept art so much better

I WAS PROMISED A ROCOCO PAINTING. I DID NOT GET ONE. (though I still enjoyed Tangled, it had so much more PROMISE)

elfstaranymore: hunglikearainbow: ghagiel: Male Privilege and...



elfstaranymore:

hunglikearainbow:

ghagiel:

Male Privilege and Transitioning From a Fat Woman to a Fat Man

I am a fat man. Once, I was perceived to be a fat woman. My transition has taught me a lot of things that I might not have otherwise engaged with if I had lived my life as a cis person. Transitioning really highlights male privilege and how society can treat you completely differently based on what gender it perceives a person to be. As soon as I started 'passing', I found I was treated with a respect that wasn't often given to me as a woman. My personal space and boundaries were no longer violated, I was no longer talked down to, and people suddenly respected my right to privacy and my right to be left alone. I was no longer treated as if I simply existed for men's pleasure.

Similarly, my body was no longer overtly criticised. Fat women are disproportionately targeted in Western society. They are subjected to public humiliation and discrimination every day, simply because of their bodies. They are stared at in the streets, they are under-represented in media (and then, only as the butt of a joke), and they are targeted with verbal and physical violence.

Fat men are also at the mercy of some stereotypes – laziness being the most common. However, I can now exist as a fat man largely without comment. I can shop for clothes in most stores rather than being turned away at the door and told that they don't stock my size. Clothing companies cater to my needs, considering my body type 'average' (even if I am on the short side). Most clothing stores that cater to men stock from small to XXL and many beyond that. Meanwhile, despite the fact that the average dress size of a woman in the US is a size 14, many clothing outlets aimed at women will not stock above a size 12. Some stores such as Abercrombie do not stock above a women's size 10 whilst simultaneously stocking XL and XXL in men's sizes.

This imbalance, and the effect it has had on my life and the way that people perceive me, is one of the clearest and most startling examples of male privilege and sexism that I have encountered. It all comes down to the patriarchal view that women are somehow obligated to make themselves attractive to men. That men are entitled to gaze upon and comment upon women's bodies.

When I was perceived to be a fat woman, there was a real sense of not just disgust, but a poisonous, malignant contempt. People (most commonly men) commented on my appearance like I somehow owed it to them to be, in their view, attractive. Like I was breaking some kind of cardinal rule because I was happy with my body without their approval. Now, in complete contrast, I am barely given a second glance.

Occasionally, I still face discrimination as a fat man, but it's not as vehement, societally sanctioned nor pervasive as it once was. My treatment has changed simply because of the way that society perceives my gender. This is male privilege in action. We live in a society that has built a whole industry on bullying women for not being what is considered 'attractive enough' to men. Think about that the next time you want to stare at a fat woman on the bus.

Michael Young

http://www.therainbowhub.com/home/male-privilege-and-transitioning-from-a-fat-woman-to-a-fat-man/

Yup.

This has been my experience as well.

northern-downpour-97: shadowstep-of-bast: luvr4photography: th...



northern-downpour-97:

shadowstep-of-bast:

luvr4photography:

theprospitprincess:

hopethefangirl:

derek-hales-butt-cheeks:

hedgeh0ggy:

kyleehenke:

this video is so freaking awkward I cant stop laughing

P

It's literally saying "no".

I am snorting and laughing and wheezing fjdsaklfjds IT IS LITERALLY SAYING NO

It's a good thing cats like water OH MY GOD.


THAT CAT IS HOWLING

HOWLING MIND YOU

"NO" XD

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING OH MY GODS

"This is its favorite time of the bath."
*yowling* "NO"

n-a-s-a: Cat's Paw Nebula 'Littered' With Baby Stars (NGC...



n-a-s-a:

Cat's Paw Nebula 'Littered' With Baby Stars (NGC 6334)


Credit: S. Willis (CfA); ESA/Herschel ; NASA/JPL-Caltech/SSC; CTIO/NOAO/AURA/NSF

travelingcolors: Lofoten Islands | Norway (by Christian...



travelingcolors:

Lofoten Islands | Norway (by Christian Bothner)

thelingerieaddict: suicideblonde: Dita Von Teese in her Von...





thelingerieaddict:

suicideblonde:

Dita Von Teese in her Von Follies lingerie collection

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I JUST STARTED HYPERVENTILATING

pleatedjeans: Tumblr Gets Deep (25 Pics) I especially like the...











pleatedjeans:

Tumblr Gets Deep (25 Pics)

I especially like the tampon thing. That's been bothering me for so long. I can't believe it was ever classed as a luxury item. 

Photo



Beauty of the Universe















Beauty of the Universe

lipstickandligature: Also; Glitter nails.  Oooh, preettyy....



lipstickandligature:

Also; Glitter nails. 

Oooh, preettyy. Want, want, want.

Sexism in cheating

rrredlipstick:

Man: It didn't mean anything. Please forgive me.

Society: Look, he's so upset about it, poor thing. You should forgive him.

Woman: It didn't mean anything. Please forgive me.

Society: Then why did you do it? Boo! You whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment